Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the happiest honey in the comb

This week - very good week.

Two days ago we hit up Maroubra beach to surf. it was an absolutely beautiful day filled with sun and sand and waves. Now i'm not going to try and make it seem like i'm some sort of surf prodigy. I am not. I certainly am not.
But I did get up on my knees a few times! which was an accomplishment on its own.
Maybe it was the chocolate milkshake before hand (*which in retrospect was not a good idea) but or dear Jillian wasn't as lucky with the waves. . . but even with a few hits to the noggin (*Thats what I call your head, your tete, melon etc ) she did tremendously well and we are both very excited to go out again.
THAT BEING SAID!!!

*****EXCITING NEWS BREAK

I bought a surfboard.
YES YES YES AND WIN TO THE MAX.
It is beautiful.
Its Light blue, 7 ft
I got it for a STEAL
AND haggled the price down 50 bucks.
Board, leash, wax and a carry bag - 250$.
Boo ya.


We went out for a steak dinner. . .a 5$ steak dinner. yeah in a land where a pumpkin is 25 $ A FLIPPIN PUMPKIN (* I was more than outraged) you can get a steak dinner for 5 bones.

and now I begin the rest of the evening in the fort constructed out of the two mattresses from our room into the middle of our living room. Yes we made a fort and I am more than aware that I am officially cooler now than i was when I was ten. We are far more resourceful and creative than when we were then. its called 'Bonnie Dun' and its from a really funny move called the castle, totally Australian and totally heart warming.

All in all. a good day and Love all around.
<3



Okay Ocean, you and I are gonna be good friends. . .I can tell. ^__^

3 comments:

  1. Steak for $5, that is a deal, forget about the pumpkin, steak for everyone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya girl! Surfing is going to be a blast!

    Love ya
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. excuse u.... 3 days and no blogidge?! i've been checking everyday holmes get on it!!!!! I need to be updated frequently if I'm going to continue to live vicariously through you.
    p.s this is Rinzer.... the only reason it says Sean is because I'm posting from my sisters computer mwahahahha

    ReplyDelete