Wednesday, October 19, 2011

justice and equality for all muffins.

last night i did something ive never done before. prepare to be ultra mega impressed with my ferociousness and vigilance.
Last night in class was muffin making. wa-flippin-who right? anyways. Upon making the blueberry muffins (*Of which the recipe i was not pleased with. Not that they were gross but im a gall who likes to see some rise and volume on a muffin.) anyways, not wanting to stick to plain blueberry i scoured around to see what else could get thrown into the mix. walnuts-yes. ginger-yes. d-lish!
so the muffins are a bakin away and we take them out and they look great and taste good. time to get us some grades on these bad boys!
the class (all done within pretty close times) clamour around chef "check this, eat this grade thiiiis!" we whine like baby birds.
he looks at mine. "blueberry ginger and walnut chef" intrigued, he rips off a top and tastes. "a little too dry" 8/10. okay well 80% isnt baaad. not what I wanted but i understand.
I confer with my three other group members.
to my astonishment, they all got between 9 and 9 2/3 .
WHAT THE BLOG!? I marched back to the chef.
"Chef? . . . what the hell?. . . why did i get an 8 and they got 9 somthins?!"
"yours was dry."
"okay but we all used the same batter in the same tins for the same time. we baked them all together. there is NO way that one of them is baked more than the others. "
It turns out he didnt even taste the rest of the groups.
"Chef you only tasted mine because it had ginger in it. Its not fair. "
further arguing.
finally he pooled our grades and gave us all an even 9.
I walked out feeling so brave. 90% is better than 80% for suuuure!
muffin equality is all I ask.



Car is broken again.shock. and its the power stearing. again. which is a huuuge frustration for me because i am again without wheels. last night he came and picked me up in a work truck. A big diesel truck with a flat bed capable of moving ungodly amounts of stuff. this thing was a mini monster truck.
"Okay you drive this home and ill drive your car"
terror.
the rumble of that cars engine sounded like an angry dog chewing rocks. I was so high up that my feet could reach the peddles but if i wasnt touching them, were dangling. I whooped and hollered in the truck when i was all alone and mad crazy noises as I was diving. It was awesome. I felt like i was riding in a transformer. mooooove plebeians, out of me waaay!
90%, equality and a monster truck ride. awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment