Thursday, October 13, 2011

Choose the Choice of Choosing ( Vitamin D-lightful )

Im pretty interested in right now.
im sitting in bed, lap top on lap. Bottom of my jaw sticking out a little, lips pouting and shifting my squinty eyes side to side.
Im thinking. pondering. I am trying to choose my choice.
lets kick it one time shall we?
Sooo last night wasnt great. this morning things were a little better. A heat wave has struck Southern California and unlike my usual october months back home, I find myself sitting in a tshirt and shorts, my skin slightly damp with sweat. Now, I finished my midterm on tuesday for the class i have on tuesday and thursday so I have today off. . . It is a Gorgeous day outside and im in here moping. . .
BUTTTTT. . . . I could just as easily not mope about. . . right?
Its my choice. MY choice. and frankly I dont feel like wasting this day. . . I could so easier do it. throw a movie on a ignore the world. . . orrr. . .

woah woah hold on.

amazing.

as if some que from a movie had happened, the highschool marching band down the street strikes up a tune.
making every move I make EPIC.
I walk inside, have my halfcupofcoffee poop (* okay lets not be bashful here we all have them ) and strut back outside to finish my other half cup of coffee, finish off my morning bowl and decide to choose.
I choooose to be happy. Arguments happen. fact. But im not going to let it ruin my day. how insulting is that to a gorgeous day? Some people dont even HAVE another day. some people are Inside BEGGING to be outside. Who am I do turn down a day like today or any day really? I've been given another day. wow.
*Que epic music high point.
you know what. im gonna hang out for a little while and enjoy bed (*its only 8am so i am validating that.) and then, whenever i feel like it. im gonna slather on my second skin (SPF 30 or higher. who are we kidding here) pack a bag and bike to the beach. im gonna bring a towel and my book and a ten dollar bill and see what adventure I end up with.
I choose to be happier.

what choice are you choosing to choose?

1 comment:

  1. I need to choose to be happier too... I don't understand why it is so difficult to do.

    Missing you. x

    ReplyDelete