Saturday, December 4, 2010

Excuse me - where is the Legion club?

Weeeellll tonight was the first night for me at a new job, well a second job really, im still at mellon too but now Im also a server at the Coogee Legion Club. its pretty intense and im pretty tired so ill keep it short.

Just like any job on a first day I felt awkward and was constantly running things over in my head - peoples names, what plates get what sauces, all that jazz.
The whole place was buzzing at an 8th grade pace,
Everyone spoke to me like I was in the 5th
I was comprehending at a 4th
and slingin plates like a 3rd.
Alas, but things have to improve, I cant get any worse right?

also its pretty much money right away which is sweet, I worked 3 hours and walked out with like 80 bucks. big win, AND my manager asked me tonight when i can work and I said any nights and shes asked me to come back next Friday, Saturday and hopefully Sunday!

I tried to hide the "1st grade - someones parents brought in Tim Bits for your birthday - " size smile and waited until I was in the safe and darkness of the beach before giving myself the " oh hell yea!" followed by whoops and laughed and a little dancing. . . the kind I imagine gypsies doing . . . mixed with my mums " un huh go sister " fail proof moves. . . Im blessed. (mums dancing is legendary around friends and family).

Being in another kitchen definitely makes me look a the industry in general and man it really shows me what I do and Don't want in the kitchen. Im eager to meet and get to know the people i work with, especially in the kitchen. Tonight comprised of four people - The head chef - a lady that seemed angry or frustrated or just annoyed all the time. with an accent i cant figure out. - appetizer lady - older, like . . . golden years older. nice but I still have noooo idea what shes saying sometimes. - The salad, desserts and all the other fun jazz - a guy with a scorpion tattooed on his hand. - and the dishwasher who is super super nice with English as a second language. . . I wonder where he's from . . .

I got called Doll, I joked around with some people, shared some stories. . .
things are well.

On the way home tonight, I stopped and talked to a snail. it was small and crawling it way across he path at believe it or no - a snails pace. I stopped and bent down and said hi. I touched he little antenna and he shrunk into his shell, then when he noticed i wasn' there, he stuck them out super far as if he was looking to feel where I was. I've chosen to take that as a sign of affection.

Now im going to crawl my way into bed and curl up in a swirl of blankets. wake up lookin for another day.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie....enjoy the simple things in life darling, the outside world can be so complicated, next time you see your little friend, tell her/him I said hi...

    Love you sweetie

    Mom
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je t'aime, et je te manque...

    xx

    ReplyDelete