Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A daily bowl of Guacamole aint bad.

Arg. Im sorry for not writting or a while. please blog dont take it personally. The truth is i've had alot of feelings to write about and every time I think to blog its because im grumpy or frustrated and im not going to take that out on you my friend, its not your fault. that being said, I am infact very frustrated. frustrated and tired.
I wont go into details because I dont need to really but their is tension on this side of the globe, the southern hemisphere to be more specific and in a little town called Coogee in NSW Australia to be precise.
My room mate snores. not like the gentle whistle of you father after a beer in a comfy chair "watching" the news on CBC. no NO.
(*For the Record. that reference is in fact in relation to my daddy-o and his snoozing habbits. I swear if you even dare as to so touch the remote, he wakes with a " huh? HUmmM? No no Katie. . .Im . . . im watching that. . . " what a guy <3 *)
BUT NO - this snoring dear blog is more like the hungry growl of a grizzly bear. . . maybe the mating call of a moose? . . . needless to say that though no fault of his own, I have been suffering from many a sleepness nights.
My room mate and I have been arguing about how to go about solving this problem and we've come to a standstill. and not an amicable one ill admit.
soooo for the past week or so i've been sleeping in bed until about 2 or 3 am before accepting defeat and grumpily and half dragging myself out of the room to sleep on the two person love seat or better yet, the kitchen floor/living room.
The love seat is tricky. if you sleep with your head on the arm rest you wake up with such a stiff body that you might as well walk around with your arms straight out drooling and slurring "braaaains" because well lets be honest. you look like a zombie. . . BUT if you DONT sleep with your head on the head rest then you get to curl yourself into positions that even body contortionists would say " how the hell . . .wheres that leg? . . . thats impossible she cant even. . . well ill be damned. . . " I tried it. couldn't bend down all day.
SO. instead of being angry and tired. i've decided to be diplomatic and fair.
Tonight, I am taking the mattress off the bed.
pulling it into my boudoir (* that means my bedroom or in this case the kitchen)
and am sleeping their. if he has a problem with it then by all means, sleep on the mattress. in the kitchen.
I'll sleep on the box spring in the bed room. no problem-o cause frankly, anything is better than the past few nights.

End of Rant.


ITS NOVEMBER! can you believe it bloggy blog?!
soon will mark the ne month of my adventure begining!! this also means one month until I get a visit from a certain someone. . . ^_^ and a month closer to christmas. *tinge of homesickness* but I am resolved to keep in good spirits. I am working loads and although its not very much money I am being a total tight wad and a stingy you know what. BUT this is a blessng in disguise as im saving money and cooking more and tring new recipies. on a totally unrelated topic - my favorite sushi restaurant has made me a preferred customer. . . twise.
look we all have our vises. mine happens to be for that freakin delicious restaurant UGH! they have a convayer belt of food running past you at all times, all these tasty plates one after the other. . . you want it? just take it... its yours. mmmmmmmm . . .sushi. . . NO . . . KEEP > . . . BLogGiNg!
I have two days off this week and the weather is looking prime fr surfing. HOORAY!!!! im soo excited to get back out on the water. . . one of the roomies and I watched JAWS on tv the other day . . . dont ask why.
Im not afraid of sharks tho . . . is that because I am brave. . .or maybe because Im not smart enough to be scarred of them. . . ah well ill okay with which ever one it is :)

Yesterday was the Melbourne Cup. a Horse race of giant hat porportion. Being home after work and broke as all get out, One of the roomies and I dressed up to the nines, poured a glass of Goone wine (* thats what the locals call the cheap wine that you get in boxes) placed our bets on two horses each and set off hootin and hollerin at the tv. I picked Harris Tweed and Once Were Wild. I did not win.
good run though!




I saw a lady in line the other day give 2$ to another lady, a stranger to her who was short the two bones. I watched the interaction and smiled all day. Its nice to know that even though you cross paths with people everyday who make you frustrated, that their are good people in the world. Love is all around, its everywhere you look.
Do me a favour, Find someone and tell them you love them. Right meow.
It's gonna feel awesome I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment