Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sometimes I just smile when I walk

Today was good for a few reasons:

I was serving this lady in the morning and after I told her the total of her order she says
Sure thing sweetheart - and do i detect a Canadian accent?
You sure do
Oh I just love your country its so beautiful, I love to go holiday-ing there!
Oh thank you! Its really a beautiful country, im very proud, I love it very much
You know how I knew you were Canadian? Apart from your accent?
How?
You're just so polite. Canadian people in general are so polite.
oh jeeez! well thank you very much!!
your welcome sweetheart enjoy Australia!


Shortly thereafter I was talking to my manager (*Who is the boss's girlfriend. . . one of those people that you try to impress or at least I do anyways) and she said to me

When are you finished here?
ummmm 5?
no like finished finished
oh well im not sure yet but i've said the 27th because thats when John is coming and im not doing anything while he's here
oh yeah yeah but after that
. . . im not suuuuuure yet. . . my plans are up in the air-ish. . . If I were to say leave for a month and then come back and show up with empty pockets looking for a job . . . could I come back here? how do you guys feel about that kind of stuff?
Yeah of course, we're always Happy to have good staff back who know what they're doing
. . . *blink Blink* *__*
Mini ...(*thats her nickname) miiiiiiinnnnnnnniiiiiiii . . . .does this mean. ... YOUR SAYING THAT I KNOW WHAT IM DOING?! (*cue big giant smile and stars in my eyes)
maybe
YEAAAAAHHH!!!! I KNOW WHAT IM DOING, IM DOING THINGS RIGHT, YOU LIKE ME!!!!
YOU TOTALLY LIKE ME WOOOOHOOOOOOo!!!
*staring at the coffee machine* okay fine maybe a little
*victorious arms in air*

Its getting to be nicer at work. after being there almost two months, im pretty much a "senior" staff member which is kind of funny but its cool, i've training a few people and can make thing everything on the menu without looking which means that i'm on smoothies most of the time which has its own sort of lame hierarchy (sp?) in the way that if who ever is doing the smoothies asks for something, someone else pretty much right away gets it for you like if the ice needs filling or the ice cream needs to be switched or you need someone to fill up the puree bottles. . . its kind of nice. Still brutal pay but I put in my 9 hrs a day almost and I come home tired but i like my days off and im hoping tomorrow to go to the zoo and see the baby elephant <3 class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_29">Divine. I love mangoes.

Gloomy wet sunday doesn't mean its a bad day.


p.s - the rock formation in the ocean just off the coast that I can see when I walk ever day is called "the wedding cake" island. oh flipping cute is that

No comments:

Post a Comment